Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lots of pics!



Happy birthday! My friends threw me a party with pizza and a cake! It was awesome...



Really cool entrance from the inside of a church by the Garden of Gethsemane. The sculpture/window mimics the olive trees outside.





The door of the church.



In a church.



We went to the Jerusalem Film Festival. We saw the wierdest movie called "24 hour party people". It was a semi-documentary about the history of punk rock in Manchester. It sucked.





Western Wall



Dome of the Rock



We redeemed ourselves by going to an amazing film called "Captain Abu Raed". It was in Arabic with English subtitles. It was about a Jordanian janitor who helps out some neighborhood boys. I won't ruin it for anyone but I recommend it to everyone. It is the best independent film I've seen since Once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

danen,
what does it take to get a personal email from you??? I am going to have to start posting embarrassing comments on your blog until you email me! I am happy that your birthday didn't go un-celebrated. Looks like your keeping the weight on... keep eating! (embarrassing comment #1)

tasha said...

Danen will you email me so that I have your address. Thanks for hacking onto facebook to wish me a happy birthday. Just so you know I am an avid reader of your blog. I love to read about your adventures because I can relive my own experiences in Jerusalem. I am jealous of the digital camera you have- when I was there we were still in the dark ages using film photography- not so great!!